About Wool Carpet
Most people associate wool with a soft sweater or blanket used in the winter. Made from the hair of sheep, this material is known for its insulating qualities and is used to make clothes, blankets, and carpet. Wool is also a great carpet option due to its moisture wicking qualities. Wool is ideal for the cold winters and warmer summers in the greater Mahwah, Paramus, Wayne, and North Jersey areas. Learn more about this great carpet option below!
Benefits of Wool Carpet
- Sheep hair is a sustainable resource and a biodegradable material. Wool carpet won’t sit in a landfill for years like other synthetic options.
- Wool carpet hides dirt easier than other types of carpet. This is due to its opaque fibers.
- Wool carpet has insulating qualities that help to keep the heat in during the cold months in New Jersey. It also resists moisture, which helps to prevent mold from growing.
Drawbacks of Wool Carpet
- Although wool hides dirt well, it is not a stain resistant carpet. Liquids can be difficult to remove.
- Wool is less affordable than other synthetic carpets.
Carpet Experts in Paramus, NJ
If you’re ready to start working on your new carpet project, give the experts at Floor Coverings International North Jersey a call today! Our trained design associates will bring our mobile showroom right to your house. We’ll help you select the best carpet option for your unique home and even install it for you. We proudly serve the greater Mahwah, Paramus, Wayne, and North Jersey areas. We look forward to working with you!
Photo Credit: Mclek