Plush carpet has a smooth texture with a soft and elegant look, making it perfect for rooms of the house where you want a cozy feel. Plush is a level-cut carpet, meaning that the strands are uniform with fibers that are usually about ½ inch high. When the carpet is being made, the rug’s fibers are cut in a way that results in a smooth and level height of all the fibers. Plush is a great option that is softer and more elegant than shorter styles such as Berber, but is not as long as shag. The experts at Floor Coverings International North Jersey outline the benefits and drawbacks of plush carpeting below!
Benefits of Plush Carpet
- Comfortable: Due to its longer strands and dense construction, plush is a very comfortable carpet style to walk or lay on. This makes it an ideal option for playrooms or bedrooms.
- Sophisticated Style: Of all the carpet styles available, plush provides a more elegant and sophisticated look to your home.
- Durable: Due to its construction, plush is one of the more durable carpet styles and will last for a long time.
- Wide Range of Styles: Like most carpet styles, plush is available in a wide range of different fibers, colors, and styles.
Drawbacks of Plush Carpet
- Shows Marks: Plush carpet will show vacuum marks and footprints much easier than lower pile carpets.
- Stains Easier: Since the pile is longer, stains can permeate the carpet much more quickly than carpets with a short pile. Stains and spills need to be cleaned up right away.
Plush might not be the best carpet option in rooms with high volumes of foot traffic if you have a lot of pets or kids running around, but they are great in lower traffic areas of the home. Keep in mind that plush carpet can be stain treated, which helps to keep it clean and extend the lifespan of the carpet. The experts at Floor Coverings International North Jersey will go over this and more during your free in-home design consultation where we bring the samples right to your door. We proudly serve the greater Mahwah, Paramus, Wayne, and North Jersey areas.